I am so excited to be presenting at the “Digging Deeper Conference” that will be held at Shelburne Farms in Shelburne, Vermont. This will be a one day conference on Thursday, May, 24th 2018 and there are three different tracks participants can register for!
Fun with Local Foods Track with Abbie Nelson and Marissa Watson
Preparing and serving new foods can be more fun and less arduous, with a few tools and by involving kids in the process. In this workshop we will explore how people develop food preferences, and how we change these preferences. We will share innovations in purchasing, serving, and educating kids about local foods through simple activities and recipes.
- Learn how we develop food preferences and how to introduce new and local foods to kids.
- Practice incorporating nutrition education into food-based experiences.
- Learn how to find and properly procure local foods.
Gardening All Year Track with April Zajko
1. Participants will discuss ways to incorporate both indoor and outdoor gardening concepts into preschool and kindergarten classrooms.
2. Participants will investigate a variety of ways to create engaging learning explorations to teach characteristics of living organisms and local ecosystems.
Kid Friendly Farmyard Track with Michaela Ryan and JoAnne Denee
A few words from past participants: