Join me for my two hour training, “Grant Writing for Outdoor Classrooms” which I offer FREE every other month as way to give back to my community of nature-based educators.
Not to brag but the largest grant I have have written & that was awarded was for one million dollars! But you know what….one thousand dollar garden grants also can have a HUGE impact when you are working on developing an outdoor classroom.
My next FREE “Grant Writing for Outdoor Classrooms” virtual webinar is scheduled for Thursday Sept 9th from 2-4pm EST!
Send me your email address through DM or email (email@example.com) and I will email you the Zoom link!
Throughout my teaching career, grants have given me the opportunity to create things that would otherwise have been impossible to create. The investment of time and energy to write grants pays off when I can offer my students the outdoor learning environment that I envision. My aim for our two hour training is that you leave feeling equipped and ready to write your first grant…and yes, you are ready to get started writing grants so stop stalling!
Here’s a few thoughts to consider while you await our training together!
Seven Ways to Fund Your Outdoor Classroom
- Cash Donations
- In-Kind Donations
- School Budget
- Yard Sale ~ Winter Gear Sale
- Crowdfunding Sites Donors Choose
- Grants…are one great way to get larger amounts of money but I encourage programs to explore all seven options!
Writing grants take time ~ It would be easy to think that grants are just free money but in reality you are investing your time in:
- researching possible grants
- sifting through the application dates
- making sure the grant is a good fit for your project
- filling out applications & writing narrative answers
- then if you are awarded…you also need to do reporting to account for how you spent the money.
Grants are NOT guaranteed ~
- There may be a LOT of competition for a grant that you apply for and the funder may not fully fund your proposal.
- Partial funding will get your project started but you still might need to tap into one of the other funding ideas
- Turnaround times for grant funding varies. You might receive a check as soon as 1-2 months after you are notified of acceptance but I have also had to wait more than 6 months to see the check arrive.
Grant writing feels hard…until you jump in and try it! When you consider the impact that a grant can have on your learning environment then you will know that it’s time to get started! Hope to see you soon!